Sunday, September 21, 2014

Football Frenzy!

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?!?! (It's already week 3! WHAT?!)

That is one of my favorite things around this time of the year. Along with: tobacco barns, candles, pumpkin patches, leaves changing colors, and boot weather. I grew up in a big football family. We watched NFL games every Sunday, ate yummy unhealthy food, and kept track of our fantasy football scores. I want to pass on all those good memories to my children too. I don't do fantasy football anymore but I still love going to games or enjoying them at home while cooking food.

We have to deck ourselves out in football gear. We are in Tennessee so we go for our local Tennessee Titans. My parents are from Iowa, but they never kept up with college ball as much.


Last week my little one and I missed lounging on the couch for that long awaited noon game. That didn't stop us from dressing up for game day and rooting on our team. After we went outside to look at the fish in the pond (her fish face is too funny), running out some energy, and trying not to get licked to death by our dog then we finally got to nap time. This girl still loves her naps…thank goodness. 
Football Sunday isn't complete without some great food. One of my go-to cooks is the awesome Ree Drummond- The Pioneer Woman. I watch her show all the time, then I have to eat immediately after it ends. This is one of her recipes that I love and you can never go wrong with…potato skins! I mean look at those. Don't they make your mouth water? 
Well that's it today. I hear my little love waking up from her nap and I have to make a huge pot of white chili tonight for the whole family. Have a great week y'all! 

Go Titans! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment