Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Babysitting is tough on a new mommy

So being a new mom definitely takes a toll on your nerves. You can stress out about anything from spit up to sickness to allergies. My newest challenge to overcome is a new person outside family babysitting her.

Raleigh is 5 1/2 months, even though shes a giant & can wear 9 month sleepers, she is still my little munchkin so this was hard. :) She is a good baby, only cries if she's sick, hungry, or tired. It's hard to make a schedule & say goodbye even though you know you'll see them in a few hours. Anyone who says it's easy for someone new to take your little one is wrong. Well maybe if it's your second, third, or fourth then you probably would be jumping at the chance. Heck I know now I appreciate it so much when family & close friends want to watch her while me & the hubby go out for a date night. It is hard though when she's your first & still young, especially when you do not know the person very well. The family was from our church & my husband has known the family since he was a kid so that was helping, but its hard when I, personally, don't know them very well. It is good to expand your babysitter list though, just be cautious about the people you choose.





It all ended perfect for everyone on Sunday night. I talked to the mom on the phone & it just reassured me that she was the right mom for the job. It helps knowing all her kids turned out pretty good too ;) It was a new experience for me & now I know without a doubt that I can trust them with my sweet Raleigh. I loved getting the pictures of her playing with their kids & hearing the stories about the kids wanting to hold, play, & feed her. It makes me happy knowing that other people get as much joy out of hearing her giggling & talking as I do. This experience definitely makes you appreciate the time you have with your little ones. Makes your heart melt when they see you & smile or squeal, because they know mommy is there now.

No comments:

Post a Comment