Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Eatin' Easter Treats, Peeps & Krispies


If you have never had homemade rice crispy treats then you've never experienced the awesome power of marshmallows. I wanted to do something festive tonight for dessert because my in-laws were coming for dinner. We usually eat at their house on Tuesday, but they were going to help me clean some because my Raleigh has now decided she likes to held a lot! Oh joy, so when I set her down she cries. Sorry kid, we aint gonna do this. We got almost every room cleaned so I am a happy momma.

Anyways, I decided to go with Easter Rice Crispies then added some cute festive decorations on at the end. Here is the trick to delicious gooeyness:

Ingredients:

  • 3 tbsp butter
  • 10 oz marshmallows (the minis are easier)
  • Green food coloring
  • 6 cups Rice Crispy cereal
  • Easter candy (i used m&m)

First you melt the butter in a big pan. Once the butter is melted, then add the marshmallows. Try to refrain from eating...if you can. Stir & fold marshmallows til melted.


Remove from heat. Next, add 4-6 drops of green food coloring or until your desired green color, mix well. I liked mine to look like green grass, but since we have weird weather its still got brown patches too. Add cereal, fold in til all is coated, I found adding a little at a time is less messy. Mix in the candy of your choosing, start to cave to the munching while cooking. Press into a 13x9 glass pan, easier for you later if you spray it with Pam.


Let cool or for impatient people like me, faster results put in the fridge. Finally, my favorite part, DECORATE!!!


& the verdict is...?


Well dinner & dessert turned out to be a success. Plus I got my house cleaned in the process. It's nice to have family around that are willing to help you clean so you don't feel overwhelmed, because being a mom definitely does that to you. I enjoyed a very long hot bath after everyone left & now ready for bed. Good night all. Hope you enjoy the ooey gooey, chocolatey treats during Easter. Remember what Easter is truly about though, our Lord Almighty. Hope to see you in church on the 31st!





No comments:

Post a Comment