Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Adding More Color to the Mason Jars

Hey everyone!

Hope yal had a great 4th! Holidays seem to come up so fast these days, so I am behind...AHH! I know I've been busy with work, Raleigh, cleaning & cleaning  wife stuff & having a cousin visit from Colorado (love you Haley); so I have been stretched a little thin these past few weeks. I have to start getting Ms Raleigh's first birthday stuff together because it'll be here before I know it.

I have been looking at Pintrest...again. I know, i know...scary thing seeing how much I post on there. I sit at my desk when it's slow at work finding things on there that inspire me. The other morning I found a new obsession: WASHI TAPE! It's pretty much glorified electrical tape, but much prettier. You can get almost any color & pattern.

I got good feedback on my summery mason jars, which I am still in love with, but the lids were poking me in the eyes with their shiny metal. I love stainless steel look don't get me wrong, but I wanted the lids to be just as colorful & fun as the jars themselves. I thought what better way to add that pop than with my new washi tape!

First, I wanted to spray paint the lids white so it'll stay with the light pastels for summer.
Once it dried I had to decide which tape & order to use. That was the hard part lol :) It only took an 1"or so of tape for every strip.



I have more colors coming in now so I might change them again every so often. I am gonna dress up my Kitchenaid mixer with them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment