Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Chalkboard Mania!!!

Chalkboards are sweeping the nation! I jumped on this awesome bandwagon a few months back. I was amazed at what some people can do using this old school method. I have only 1 real chalkboard in my house & it's actually a bunting banner. Which I love because for every holiday I will write on it for Raleigh. I have found that I am not so skilled at free hand writing yet. I learned a few tricks that will come in handy when I make my nice big chalkboard soon, but for now I use the computer. Less messy & frustrating. ;) 

So I designed Raleigh's invitations & her poster in chalkboard theme. I printed her invitations on card stock at my local Fedex Kinkos (seriously when did that happen...little confusing if you ask me) for only $9.96. I made 30 invitations & they let me use their big cutter so I wouldn't go crazy at home cutting out each one & end up stabbing myself with scissors. Then I sealed the envelopes with cute washi tape that matches. They are on their way out now after forgetting them at home several times. The hubby finally just mailed them for me since I have the memory of a goldfish.
I just finished her 1 year poster today since she has pictures tomorrow. I know I know, PROCRASTINATION! I've always been bad at that. This I went to Office Depot & the lady printed it out on 18X24 engineering paper in color for $1.99 sqft. I should've done black & white, it would've only been $2.59 total, but oh well. Here's how that turned out.
Now I am going a little crazy & making seasonal posters & pictures for frames around the house. I love designing these. Shows my creative side a little, well it makes me feel like I have one. ;)
I will show you some of those soon. 

I am thinking of putting some on Etsy, but we'll see. ;)
I just opened my shop & I'm taking pictures to add new things. Chalkboard pennants will be on there soon, plus all my seasonal art. Get them while they are low priced. 

If any suggestions for any seasonal art (like sayings) let me know by email. :)

So what do yal think? Are you on the chalkboard bandwagon too?

No comments:

Post a Comment