Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sunday is Funday

Now, Sundays around here are usually pretty laid back. The hubby goes into work at 4:30pm and works a 12 hr night shift so he doesn't get to put Raleigh to bed like usual. Which means this is mommy & daughter night!!! We turn off the TV & just roam around. We read books, throw books, play tag, hide-n-go seek, and be a little louder than normal. ;)

Today, I got brought waffles for breakfast while I was working (4am-12:30). Plus I got a few surprise visits from Raleigh when daddy would pop in because he knows I just like to see her sometimes. Seeing her smile makes all those terrible calls so much better.

Side note: all you folks who order off TV, be nice to the sales rep on the phone. They get crappy calls all the time. Be the one they remember as the highlight of their day.

We have a tradition on Sunday afternoon; we go eat Mexican food. Kind of weird, but hey who turns down something that delicious! It got started because after church we would go to the Mexican restaurant, then I had to start working first shift, but we still went to Mexican. Is it bad that the waiters know exactly what you want to order & know if you miss a week??? I call it being a loyal customer. ;)

Anywho, after Mexican we brought our sleepy, full baby home to take her afternoon nap. She knocked out so hard you would've thought that we gave her NyQuil. 2 hours of peace. I got some dishes done, laundry in, and then set up my pre-draft for my family fantasy football league.

Ms Raleigh woke up just in time to say bye to daddy. We always wave bye on the porch. This time I rushed us back in when I saw a massive, suspicious spider by the door. Reminder: get hubby to kill it in the morning or no steak for dinner! I am always afraid they are going to jump at me when I lean down to smash them to bits. Once daddy left the fun could begin!

First: LUNCH
This little pouty face was because momma wasn't feeding her fast enough. She has a 6th sense for when I'm making food.
 Next: ROOM REORGANIZING (on both our parts)
Peek-a-boo momma!
 Those are dirty little feet from crawling everywhere. Child just walk already!
 Can you tell she loves her blankie? I bought two because she loves it so much. Here it is blanket
Being lazy while we play
We learned how to close doors a few weeks ago. She thinks it's so funny.

Now as my baby girl snoozes away, I can't help but ask myself...How long will she want to play with mommy? I am going to try to keep her a happy, healthy, sweet girl for as long as I can. 

I am also very excited because my hubby has agreed to help me paint Ms. Raleigh's room!!!! I usually have to undergo big projects alone or with very minimal help, but we had to move the baby monitor today. Which got him to move the crib, then we slowly got into maybe changing the room around, then into painting. I got him to agree to help, but we'll see how that holds up. That post is hopefully soon to come. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment