Friday, December 20, 2013

Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas

Can you believe it…Christmas is only 5 days away!  Everyone is rushing around trying to get last minute gifts and I will admit that I am one of them. Every year I say "I will start early next year"…that never happens unfortunately. Even with all the hustle and bustle of the holidays, there is still something you have to do…you've probably guess it…EAT!

My hubby and I eat Mexican food every Sunday at the same local restaurant. The owner knows us and if we miss a week then he makes a point to mention it the next week. He even accuses us of cheating on him…hehehe. Sometimes though we just can't get our fill from one meal a week so we have an easy recipe to keep our cravings satisfied. Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas! I get requests for it alot and this cheesy, creamy deliciousness is definitely worth a try.

Ingredients:
9-10 Medium Tortillas
2 Chicken Breasts
Mexican-Style Melted Cheese
8 oz Cream Cheese
1 1/2-2 cups Shredded Cheese (depends on how cheesy you want it)
1 cup Sour Cream
1/2 Salsa
Taco Seasoning Packet

Instructions:

1. Boil the chicken til white all the way through.
2. Preheat oven to 375
3. Shred the chicken (I love using my Kitchenaid for this part because it's less messy & saves time)
4. Make taco seasoning in skillet -according to instructions
5. Mix in sour cream, cream cheese, shredded cheese, salsa, and taco seasoning sauce in with the
     chicken.

6. Spray the bottom of your pan then spread your melted cheese blend on the bottom of the pan. I   
            usually have to use 2 pans because this recipes makes so much.
7. Put your tortilla shells in the bottom of the pan standing up, ready for the mixture. 
8. Put a few spoonfuls into each shell.
9. Wrap tight.
10. Spread more cheese on top.
11. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. 

I like that everything that needed to be cooked is already done. Now you are just getting all the cheeses melty and delicious. Yum. My family loves cheese so I do sprinkle a little on top as soon as they come out of the oven as well. We eat ours with sour cream or salsa on top. I know this isn't a healthy recipe, but it sure is a scrumptious one. Next time you are having a craving for Mexican food then try this, you might fall in cheese love like we have. 

Thanks for stopping by yal! I gotta go take care of a sick little girl who didn't get much sleep last night and is still irritable from her 15 month shots yesterday. Raleigh is very independent so if she is in a cuddly momma mood then I am happy to be there for her ;)

Merry Christmas Everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment