Monday, December 9, 2013

Thanksgiving, Family, and a Sneak Peek

Hey yal! I am so sorry that I have been gone since before Thanksgiving. The trip to Iowa went great; Raleigh had a blast, but wore me out since I didn't have daddy there to help. I had lots of little cousins to pick up the slack though, because as soon as we got there the little girls were wanting to play with her constantly. It has been 4 years since I have been up to Iowa. The last time we went was when Koby & I announced our engagement to some family members. It was nice to see my distant family, but also very nice to see my mom who lives in Cali so I rarely see her. Mom hugs make everything better...nothing like them. Here are a few pictures from our trip. Also more on Instagram & Facebook
 Nosey rosey. She likes playing with the people behind us.
 She went straight for the John Deere section in the gift shop.

We also had a few deaths in our family this week. Three days after getting back we lost my husband's grandfather, he spent his last moments with us, enjoying a late second Thanksgiving dinner that they planned for me and Raleigh since we missed the first one. It has been a rough few days filled with tears, laughs, and family, but that's what we need right now. This song describes him perfectly and made all of us bawl even harder at the service. Please keep our family in your prayers.
We also lost my great grandma as well, she lived out in Colorado with my father's family. She was a heck of a scrabble player and could out fish anyone. She was 98 and lived a long full life. Sending my love to my family in Colorado and Iowa, sorry I couldn't make it back.
Post coming today or tomorrow of my new Pottery Barn inspired Mason jar pendant! I am in love with it! My hubby and I worked on it last night to keep us busy. He finished it about 2am and woke me up to see because he was so excited. I had work today so I crawled into my warm bed early. 

Sneak Peek
Check Instagram & Facebook for 2 other sneak peek pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment