Thursday, January 30, 2014

Valentine's Glitter Garland

This year I am determined to have more festive decorations, but I have to do it with a small budget. *sigh* If only we had unlimited funds to spend, but then I don't think I would ever leave Hobby Lobby or Target. I will gradually add to my holiday themed decorations over the years and Raleigh can help me in the coming years. 

One thing I saw and fell in love with was glitter garlands/banners! I had seen it on other blogs but didn't want to spend the money on them when I knew how easy they were to make. So you can imagine where I went to get my supplies…Walmart?…noooo Hobby Lobby. 

Supplies:
Twine or String
Glitter Scrapbook Paper
Hot Glue Gun
Exact-o Knife

First, I printed out a template to trace on the back of the scrapbook paper & cut it out from the back.
 
Find out how much string/twine you want, cut, and lay out your letters to see how it will look.
Finally, break out the glue gun and get to work! 

I wanted my garland to go with an empty frame I have had stashed behind my couch for months. It stared at me for weeks and I couldn't figure out what to do with it so I hid it away. I put it to good use now on my table with this pretty banner. I found two beautiful windows this past week that I've been hunting for to decorate with around the house. I punched a few circles out too so this window didn't feel so boring. 
I had bought 2 sheets of the glitter paper, just in case, so I had a whole sheet left over. I found another frame that had been neglected to be hung (hubby is a procrastinator like me). I put a piece of black and white scrapbook paper in and cut out a heart on the glitter paper. I used a cookie cutter as my template which turned out perfect.
my preview from Instagram
ALL DONE!
It's simple and to the point. I love this set up and it only cost me a few bucks! 

What do yal think?

I have a lot of old diaper boxes in Raleigh's closet that just got a makeover. I will try to get that up by tomorrow, if I don't get distracted with more painting. :D hehehe


No comments:

Post a Comment