Saturday, March 1, 2014

Upcycled Diaper Boxes

If you are like me then you accumulate a ton of boxes. Diaper boxes, wipe boxes, boxes of things you shouldn't have bought online but couldn't help yourself :D. I have a lot of boxes stacked near the trash that drive me crazy. I had seen a few posts about up-cycling your boxes into cute storage. I like that much more than spending a lot of money on baskets that you can't customize. This way I could pick out my patterns and colors.

I decided to go with neutral & simple so I can move them from room to room if I want. I got some 12x12 scrapbook paper, which was big for my boxes so I had to cut it, for about 30 cents each.  I did not care about the sides as much since they are going to be on a shelf next to each other and up high so I wont even see the sides.

Supplies
Scrapbook paper
Exacto knife or Scissors
Modge Podge
Applicator brush
Spray paint (optional)

Set the box upside down on the scrapbook paper. Pretty side down/white backside up. Trace the outline of the box so you know where to cut. 
Cut as close as possible. 

Spread a layer of modge podge on the front of the box. 

Then immediately put the scrapbook paper on. Smooth out all the bubbles and let dry. 
 Before spray paint:



No comments:

Post a Comment