Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Florida on My Mind

I love Florida. It's an escape from humid, stuffy, allergy filled Tennessee. I love Tennessee don't get me wrong, but sometimes a girl needs some sand and ocean. It was our first family vacation and I was thrilled that it turned out so well. Koby hasn't been out of middle Tennessee in 2 years so he was overjoyed to get time away. We went to Daytona Beach Shores and thanks to some family friends got to stay in a condo right on the beach. Koby's mom and granny also made the trip because they were in need of some good ole family vacation.
I was so safe not to get burn on vacation, but it never fails that I burn the last day and have to deal with a red scorching hot burn the whole way home.

This trip definitely seemed like a turning point for Raleigh. She has always been a good talker but in Florida she seemed to pick up every word. I mean what 21 month old knows the word chocolate or pelican. That by far was her favorite word while we were there. She would get excited seeing one go by and say "pelkin". However, she HATED the sand. I tried to set her down in it and her legs came up. Man that kid has some crazy strength in her legs to hold them up like she did…like a baby spiderman.

We soaked up the sun, ate lots of seafood, splashed in the water (while avoiding stingrays), and awed at the sunsets. It was a perfect vacation with some people that I love.
Of course she liked seafood too.
I love that her hair can go into a pony now. It's so cute. The wind had its fun with it though.




No comments:

Post a Comment