Monday, April 1, 2013

Cracked Easter Eggs

                              

Egg dying is a tradition to so many families. A fun way for kiddos to be creative & get messy. My little Raleigh is still too young to participate but my big kid (aka Hubby) had fun. He did this one with his friend, but wanted me to share his creations. It's great to be a kid every once in awhile. It's nice to enjoy the things you did when you were a kid. They tried to keep everything clean but of course...they are men. We only got a few done, but I have some more saved for crafts later. So here are the simple steps to this fun design.

Things you need:

  • Hard-boiled Eggs
  • Food coloring
  • Spoon
  • Vinegar
  • Bowls

First boil the eggs so they are solid all the way to the middle & won't crack all over your counter. Take them out of the water & tap with a spoon on the places where you want the cracked design.
Place in small bowl. Drop food coloring on the places where you want it to show up on the eggs (on the cracks is best). Pour a small amount of vinegar over the egg. It should have a light coat over the whole egg. 


Wait a few minutes then PEEL!
                                       


They are great for kids to see how something you do that might seem small can change something in a big way. That could be taken in so many ways but it makes me think of treating others nicely because they might be a little fragile one day (like a cracked egg) & something you say or do could change their day or week completely. It's great for kids to have a meaning behind crafts, but not every craft has a meaning of course. This one just made me think about others a little more. 


Easter is about more than eggs & candy & bunnies though. The bigger meaning is ignored by so many, but I feel so comforted when I have someone say "He is Risen""The tomb is empty""Our Lord has saved us". Strangers say it to me on the phone & it just makes me smile. I love searching the parking lot at church for a space then end up parking forever away & lugging a baby that far. Easter is a great time for family & I was lucky enough to have some close. God Bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment