Sunday, November 17, 2013

Inspiring Kitchens


After working in my boring, standard building grade cabinets for over a year, I finally got off my butt and started getting my hands dirty. I just started the makeover but I am being optimistic that it will be everything I can hope for in this house. This is not my dream home or my forever home, but I am going to make it the way I want it until I get into my forever home. I have had a few people tell me "No! You shouldn't change it. They are nice." They might be nice for you but not in my eyes. If you have ever had the white counters then you know that they stain almost as soon as anything touches the surface. It's so frustrating that I can't get some stains out no matter how hard I try.

I knew wanted white to brighten up my kitchen and bring more cheer into the space. I also wanted to be able to decorate for every holiday easier and not have to worry about it not blending with the tan. So I went to the best inspirational websites on the Internet to find the perfect kitchen. Pinterest & Houzz were the best by far. They have a wide variety of colors, layouts, styles, and sizes. I decided since I HATE white counters but I want to brighten up the kitchen then I should go with white cabinets. Then contrast with black or rubbed bronze hardware so it will pop.

Here are the few kitchens that were closer to my size and had all the features I loved.



I loved these shelves! Beautiful open shelving is so nice to have to break up all the cabinets in kitchens. Sometimes I see kitchens and feel like the cabinets suck you in because they are EVERYWHERE, so this was a nice way to store pretty items and not just shove them in another cabinet.


This kitchen has a shabby chic feel to it with all the distressed wood everywhere. She also did some open shelves above the stove & pallet cabinet. I like all the grain scoops, graters, and knick knacks around the kitchen because it brings more of a homey, country feel to the space. Check out the adorable small dinette set, perfect for breakfast with my munchkin.


This kitchen in the before stages definitely reminds me of my kitchen. The white counters made me so angry because they stain as soon as anything touches them. I have had a few yelling matches with that super absorbent white devil when my hubby would leave a mess. I also like beadboard backsplash that she used to give the space more texture. This kitchen gives me a better idea into what mine will look like because of the white appliances too.


This kitchen is definitely cozy. It is almost like a dream kitchen for me. I loved everything about it: cabinets, counters, plank walls, built-in fridge, beadboard ceiling, etc… I think we are one in the same. They did a beautiful renovating this kitchen from outdated to cozy country, and all on a budget!

These are all my favorite kitchens that kept me driven to making my space all it can be. I am on my way and hopefully can make it look as good as theirs. Wish me luck. 

Which is your favorite kitchen? Let me know in the comments. :D



No comments:

Post a Comment