Friday, April 5, 2013

DIY fan


Spring is here...somewhat. Here it is still a little flip-floppy on the weather, but wait 5 minutes and we might catch a glimpse of warmth. Springtime is a time for growth & revival. Easter has come & gone with rain & cloudiness attached. My little family went to church, had lunch, saw more family, then had to go to work. Work was a bummer that day, but I am happy I got to spend time with my baby girl & hubby.

It's April so it's time to spring clean. YAY! Spring cleaning is for me is pulling out new clothes from storage & updating old dusty stuff. I have to do a lot of both this year, lucky me.  I wanted to do a fun new project before I clean. I've been itching to do a DIY lately, but I'm a procrastinator so it took me awhile to get all my supplies. I had a terribly dusty, old, ugly fan in my room that needed a lot of TLC. I use a fan when I sleep, always have since I was a kid, just for the humming noise. When I saw this I kept wanting to updat it but had no inspiration how or initative to do so. Now with spring being here I have more pep in my step.

Before:
Gross! Blah! Took me several minutes to clean all this dust off it. I unscrewed the face and cleaned all the nook & crannies. 
Then I spray painted the fan with a flat white. I did 2 coats to cover anything trying to shine through.
                               
I lined the inside with newspaper so the color spray paint wouldn't ruin the white back. I left 1 blade uncovered then sprayed with the color i wanted. Each blade got a different color. I stuck with basic colors, so they would blend well. Make sure you do this on a warm day so they paint wont crackle & it'll dry quickly. Put the face back on and there you go :)

After:

I was very happy with the end result. It gives a nice spring color to our room & I don't have to look at that dirty thing again. I love spring & summer. Everything is warm & sunny. Plus the outdoors are much more fun when I can feel my fingers & toes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment