Saturday, April 27, 2013

Patience, Prayer, & Persistence


Working & being a stay-at-home mom is a non-stop job. I get paid money from one and love from the other...along with poop. Joy. ;) I would love to have the stay at home mom job as my only job, but our life isn't to that point yet. I work from home so that makes life a lot easier. I was blessed with this job before I found out I was pregnant with my Raleigh. The night I left my previous job at a dealership was the night that I saw 2 little pink lines for the first time. Oh was I shocked! That's an entirely different story though.

So with this job, I have breaks & a 30 for lunch. Well that would be okay if I was working a normal job, but since I'm in the back room at my house it makes it AWESOME. I can open my door and see my beautiful daughter or loving hubby. The only bad thing when I started my job was that I have to work nights & I don't get weekends off. Two things a lot of people get automatically with a normal job. I took it knowing this would be a sacrifice I had to make so I could be at home. So for over a year I worked 2nd shift with no weekends off except when I got lucky with PTO days. I spent my mornings with my baby girl, dirty dishes & stain removers. Then go work til 10:00 then more cleaning after I get off a long shift. Oh the joys of a full time mommy & full time employee. I only got to see my hubby on my breaks & lunch. :(

Finally after a long wait, I am rewarded with a chance to go to day shift. I am so thrilled that I have been given a chance to spend more time with my hubby & sweet girl. I want to be a family. I want to be able to go to the park, see a movie, have a homemade meal, enjoy the holidays...all as a family. God has blessed us with more than I could have ever hoped for & His blessings keep flowing. When I look at Raleigh, I see the best blessing I could have ever imagined. Any mother would agree with me about their children too.

Life is all about looking for the good & praying through the bad. I thank the Lord everyday for family, friends, my job, and my life. I wanted to write this today because I am excited for this change & to show how patience, prayer, and persistence pays off. The 3 P's. ;)



1 comment:

  1. I know you (and your hubby) are completely thrilled at having some time as a family! I can only imagine how difficult the night shift work was, and am so blessed to read about your joy in the midst of a difficult time. Best wishes in this new phase!

    ReplyDelete