Thursday, April 18, 2013

DIY Painted Mason Jars


Hey ladies, I know I've been gone awhile. We've been extra busy with my mom in town & my hubby getting hurt at work & Ms. Raleigh cutting another tooth. My munchkin has been going crazy in her walker lately. She's everywhere & loves trapping me on the couch with her walker...like right now. I hacve escaped so I come back with a fun project to make up for me being M.I.A.

I have had a box of mason jars sitting in a corner for months now & keep looking for something pretty to use them for besides alcohol like most people do. Finally I decided on flowers but paint them first with pastel colors so they arent plain & something you see everyday. It was so easy & fun picking out the colors. I'm in love with these jars! Now, I just have to go pick flowers from the yard.

Supplies:

  • Foam Brush
  • Paint
  • Sandpaper
  • Newspaper
  • Mason Jars

First, clean the jars and lay down newspaper where you are going to do everything. Make sure the jars are dry then start painting the jars. I held the inside & lip so I could turn it while I paint. I painted the bottoms too, but that isn't necessary. Let dry, mine only took about an hour each & that was being safe. I liked the look and coverage after 2 coats. 


Next was my favorite part. Sanding! I chose a sanding bar instead of sandpaper, but sandpaper works great too. I barely grazed the words with the sandpaper to make it look worn & used.  Finally!!!




I love them! So bright & pretty. They are perfect for spring & summer. I just need flowers now. They are going on my floating shelves. Hope you enjoy these as much as I do. :)



Next post will be some Christmas tins redone for any room anytime of the year. 




2 comments:

  1. This a really awesome idea! I have some old Mason Jars laying around. I think I just found my weekend activity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. It makes them look much nicer and adds a personal touch. They would be great to use on party tables too :-)

    ReplyDelete