Monday, October 28, 2013

Pumpkins are Everywhere!

It's time for Halloween! Halloween is only a few days away, can you believe it?! I love Halloween time because there are pumpkins everywhere, candy up every aisle, adorable costumes, and family events around evey corner. I have to say buying pumpkins is probably my favorite out of them all. they are great for decorating & adding that POP of color. I do love the carving tradition though and I was excited because Raleigh can experience that this year. So after a couple trips to the pumpkin patch & the local store for pumpkins we finally had enough pumpkins to carve out some orange beauties and decorate my porch. 

This was our first trip to the patch.
We were in the pumpkin patch & heard rain coming so we all bolted under some trees. It lasted only a little more than 5 minutes but there we're lots of kids crying so it felt like longer.
She was also wearing her cute Halloween outfit, but she decided to pee through it in line waiting for the hayride. That trip wouldn't have happened if her uncle Tanner wasn't sweet enough to come with us since Koby had to go to work early.

We did get to go back with Koby the next Sunday for a birthday party. I had never heard of a birthday party at a pumpkin patch, but hey kill 2 birds with 1 stone. It unfortunately had to be the busiest day they had had all year...Joy. Extra long line and more screaming kids because they can't have candy...yay *eye roll*.
The sun was shining right in my eyes and I forgot to bring sunglasses. I have the memory of a goldfish, no joke.
We went to get some bigger pumpkins for carving later. I was very excited to see how Raleigh would react to pumpkin guts. She loved holding the pumpkins but that's not the nasty part. She wasn't sure at first when we started carving then found out how squishy it felt between her fingers and the awesome noise it made when you dropped them on the floor. Aunt Ashley's kitchen was a wreck.
 That's the one she chose for us to carve. 
I couldn't get her to smile for anything. I would've done a handstand if I thought it would've helped.
Hating it. Not a scream of joy.
Loving it.

That is my post all about our pumpkin experience this year. A 1 year old definitely makes it more entertaining than last year. I bet next year will be even better. Raleigh makes our lives more fun and exciting everyday.

Uh...I swear my hubby has more than 1 shirt in his closet.
These are all IPhone pictures since I'm still looking for my camera charger. Sorry for the quality. More to come including our volunteering at Ghouls at Grassmere (zoo). Also sorry for being MIA recently. Our whole family got the stomach bug then we had a lot going on in a short time. I'm glad I finally got a chance to blog. Even if it's just to tell you that I am alive.


No comments:

Post a Comment