Thursday, October 10, 2013

Rolo Brownie Trifle

Chocolate, caramel, whipped cream, and rolos. Who could resist all that chocolatey goodness in one bite?! Ever since I was a kid I have loved Rolos. Maybe they are a comfort candy too because they were one of my mom's favorite candies. She lives across the country in California now so I take comfort in the little things that remind me of her. Right now, Rolos &  Mother Like Mine-The Band Perry are my go toos.

I found this recipe on the greatest and most addicting website ever...Pinterest. I've had it pinned for 6 months and I'm finally getting to it. Maybe I should start narrowing down my boards...naw I'll use them all...eventually ;). Anyways, this recipe comes directly from Bakingdom. Now I am not a professional baker by any means so I cut some corners by not making the brownies, caramel, or whipped cream from scratch. I know, I know...slacker. When I get a little more comfy in the kitchen then I'll try it.

Here's my take on this recipe! My in-laws said it was awesome and rich.

Ingredients:
1 box of Brownie Mix
   2 eggs
   1/2 cup vegetable oil
   3 tbsp water
Caramel topping (squeeze bottle is best)
Bag of Rolos
Cool Whip

First, start on your brownies. After you pour it in the pan, cut a few Rolos into pieces and drop them on top of the brownie batter. I found quartering them was best size.
Pop that in the oven according to the brownie box's guide and go to town on cleaning the bowl while you wait. That was my favorite part as a kid and still is now. My and the hubby fight over the bowl every time.

While the brownie is cooling, get out your cups, cool whip, caramel, and rolos. Once cooled cut the brownie into small bite size cubes.

Next comes layering. I started with cool whip on the bottom, then brownie, caramel drizzled over the brownie, then start the process over again. Cool whip, brownie, caramel. I also added a few more small pieces of rolo in there on top of the brownie too. You can't have too much chocolate right? Can you have a chocolate/caramel overload? All my taste testers seemed okay. 

I think my heart skipped a beat when I first saw this dessert because I love Rolos, caramel, brownie, and cool whip. My hubby & I always have to steal the Rolo bag from each other because you just keep eating them and before you know it you've eaten half a bag. Unfortunately for me, my hubby ate the whole bag the other day...grrr *deep breaths*. Anywho, this was an awesome treat to finish our night and I will definitely be making it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment