Thursday, October 3, 2013

Nursery Makeover Tour

I realized recently that I have never shown Raleigh's room. I just painted and redecorated so I thought it would be a good time to give you a sneak peek.

 Before:
Moved around furniture before painting to see what I liked:
Wow Panoramic was much easier to get everything in at once.
After a layer of primer, because if any room has ever needed it then it was this surprising assault of a room. I had a couple of people say woah when they turned the corner. I have been wanting to change the color for months, but just never got to it. My plan to paint was off-white & gray bold stripes. The hubby didn't want that so I comprised to solid off-white on the top half, and if we didn't like it then I could do the stripes.

I ended up painting at 8pm, 2am, and then again at 7am. The primer we got in before the hubby went to work so I got help with that but was on my own on the late night shift. We had sweet Raleigh's crib in our room during the whole process, of course she didn't mind waking up and seeing us immediately. Yes, I think white would look better with the white & gray walls but I am fine with it this way.
 This bookshelf was actually mine as a kid so I was overjoyed to see that the color matched her crib & dresser. Most of the books are either my old books or my mother's so we definitely have some oldies on there ;)
I guess drawing during class & work finally paid off. This chalkboard is hand drawn.  
The baby monitor being in that corner was genius! Thanks Ashley Taylor! I can see the whole room since it pans & zooms. So when she's pulling all the books off the shelf or rolling on the floor then I can see her. Next to the mirror I am planning on getting some white single picture frames to hang there.
Recognize that yellow mirror & chalkboard poster???
There's the birthday girl pulling her blankies off. I had to get more than one since she loves them. I have to say they are ridiculously soft.

Sorry for the yellowy tint to the pictures. It was kind of gloomy that morning so there wasn't a whole lot of good light. I wanted to tone down after that bright yellow wall because all I ever wanted was a pop of yellow. Someone else *cough* painted since i was 7 months prego when we moved into the house.

Those floors are the big project for me to do in the bedrooms. I DO NOT like carpet. I have always had hardwood & I miss it *tear*. What's your favorite item or feature in her room?

No comments:

Post a Comment