Saturday, April 12, 2014

Hamburger Soup

I have made this recipe again last night & was told to post the details. I know I have been slacking big time lately. Have I mentioned that I procrastinate worse than anyone I know…except maybe my hubby. Well I am finally back with a recipe that I cooked twice in 3 weeks because Koby loved it so much. It's a hamburger soup with all the veggies you could want. I loved the recipe because you can add more of one thing or take another ingredient out and it won't do damage. We liked all the ingredients and wanted a lot of different things in there to make it a hearty, warm, filling soup.

Ingredients:
1 lb hamburger
1/2 onion (chopped fine)
2 cans petite diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
2 1/2 cups chicken stock
1 1/2 cups water
1 can corn (drained)
1 can green beans (drained)
1 cup baby carrots (chop in half)
3 potatoes (chopped)
salt & pepper
oil

1. Saute onions til tender in large stockpot
2. Cook hamburger in separate skillet, drain when done (so much grease :P )
3. Add all the ingredients (hamburger, green beans, corn, carrots, potatoes, stock, water, tomatoes, and tomato sauce, seasonings) into stockpot with the onions.
4. Bring to boil.
5. Reduce heat & let simmer til potatoes & carrots are tender.

It usually takes only 2 hours for it to cook through but if you want it to go all day then you can put it all in a crockpot on low or on low on the stove without boiling. You'll know it's ready when the potatoes and carrots are cooked through.
This was our go to soup for those surprise cold nights because I had almost all of this in my kitchen. It's worry free and fool-proof which is awesome for me. I had a little helper when I dropped a potato piece off the counter too. Raleigh is a little cleaner. She picked up anything I dropped during cutting and throw it in the trash can. She may also be doing this because she knows momma has food and she wants to get on my good side. She comes up to me and says "Peas" when she wants anything to eat. She hasn't gotten a handle on the L in please yet, but it's so cute that I can't correct her. I just smile ear to ear. Her grandparents can't resist it either so we will have to watch that ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment