Tuesday, April 8, 2014

PB Inspired Growth Chart

Goodbye winter weather & HELLO SPRING FLOWERS!

I hope everyone is enjoying this nice spring weather. It's raining here in Tennessee today but I'm not fretting because I know I won't freeze my toes off when I walk outside. I  am excited to work on more projects now because I won't have to bundle up in 3 layers to go outside. I did manage to get in a few projects this week while it was raining, the porch has now been taken over ;) hehehe.

I have already gotten several compliments from friends that have seen my new growth chart. I got the inspiration from Pottery Barn's growth chart that's here. I was not so fond of the colors or price. I knew that I wanted it to be a beautiful wood tone, so I went with this one. I also had two other projects lined up with wood so I got the quart size.

Supplies:
Stain
Foam brush
Sock/Rag
Sander
Measuring Tape
Decal
1x6x6

First, I sanded down the board so it was perfectly smooth, then started on the stain. Now doing stain you should have a rag or old sock that you don't mind throwing away after using it. Apply the stain with a foam brush, I used one of those cheapy ones. After about 10 minutes, wipe the excess off with the sock. I did 2 coats on each side so it was a perfect walnut color on both sides.
I don't have a machine to make decals, but I know I would probably use it a lot if I had one. Hmmm…maybe I need to do some shopping. So I purchased mine off Jane.com from Shelby's Boutiques on Etsy, I got mine when it was on a great sale, but they are still on a good sale on her page…here. Most of the decals like this that I found on Etsy were almost $20, hers is only $14! She also sent great, detailed instructions on how to apply the decal too. If I ever do one of these again for friends or family then I will go through Shelby again.
I applied the decal & peeled it off. All done! It was quick and painless. I don't have a definite place for it yet, especially since I am bringing 2 other creations in this week, but I will find a permanent home on my wall for it soon. And no I don't keep it outside; I couldn't get a good picture inside because it was such a dreary, gloomy day. This was the best I could get at the time.
Maybe here?
Another thing I love to do is chalkboards. I am making a big chalkboard now, but until then I use my vinyl fridge chalkboard. Here is a fridge chalkboard that I got done a few weeks ago. I learned a few new tricks & love the way it turned out. Check out my Instagram for more chalkboards I've done & some cute baby pics.
 I have to say 18 months is probably my favorite age right now. Raleigh loves brushing her teeth.
Thanks for stopping by & checking us out. Let me know what yal think below in the comments. :)
Enjoy this beautiful Spring weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment