Friday, August 16, 2013

DIY Chalkboard Cards



I'm in full party planning mode! Raleigh's birthday is less than 6 weeks away & if it comes up as quick as she's grown up then I better jump on it. It's hard though when she wants to play with me & hug me all day. She is a little speed demon when shes crawling. She is already behind me before I can even make it to the bathroom. I have a feeling that she will be that way for a long time, attached to momma's leg. Like right now she is on my shoulders sticking her fingers in my mouth. Crazy baby!

So for Raleigh's theme I wanted to do a rustic, shabby chic kind of feel. Chalkboards, twine, mason jars, the whole thing. I have the chalkboard banner done already and a few things here and there. I found a cute idea for label cards for food using chalkboard. We loaded up in the car & headed to where...??? HOBBY LOBBY! After searching for cardstock (for her invitations to be printed on) & envelopes, we got started on the best way to make label cards. My friend Ashley found the perfect 12-pk of labels for under $4 & i got 3 sheets of brown craft paper cardstock.
It was super simple to make. I just folded & cut the 12x12 sheets of cardstock into 1/4ths then folded those in half. I ended with 11 labels, because there must've been someone sleeping on the job in the label department. I opened my package & 1 was chopped in half. I was sure glad they all weren't like that. I had a little panic attack when I pulled the first one out & it looked like that.

Then, squirt some glue on the labels & smooth out evenly with a brush (helps it not to make bulges underneath). After that just place them where you want & stick under a heavy book to dry. I had to use a few heavy books since munchkin wanted to play with them.

 When they dried I just covered the label with chalk then wiped off with a wet rag for the chalkboardy (is that a word?)
feel.
I think these will be cute labels for food or tables. Especially good for under $6, since I already had the glue & foam brush. They are everything I wanted in her party theme so of course they are perfect. More to come from party planning mode soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment