Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Mirror Redo for less than $25


Hey yal!

I know in my last post I gave you a sneak peek at Miss Raleigh's new mirror. It's finally done & ready to hang. It's a heavy one so the hubby has to hang it to make sure it stays put. If i did it then it would probably fall off the wall in the middle of the night & give me a heart attack. I'd be up with a gun & never go back to sleep. I'm paranoid at night.

Anyways, about a month ago I was lucky enough to catch a sale at Hobby Lobby for 80% off there furniture & wall accent pieces. I found this massive mirror I'd been searching everywhere for. Seriously, Craigslist with an addiction for me because I was trying to find something like this. Well at Hobby Lobby it was originally $100, my sale price...$20!!! The only problem...it was neon ORANGE! Nothing a little can of yellow spray paint can't fix (less than $4). That was not the color I was hoping for & the material was like some plaster kind of plastic, but the frame is heavy duty. The weight was ridiculous!

After boasting to the hubby about my find & grinning from ear to ear, I decided to find my spray paint. I knew I had a lot of yellow left over from my fan & that bright pop of color will look good on her walls when I finally paint the stripes I want. Gray & white stripes to be exact ( I am super excited to do this one, but have been putting it off because the stripes are a little scary).

I covered the mirror with some paper & tape. I told you...BRIGHT orange!
After many, many, many coats I finally got all the nooks & crannies. I had to go over the detailed scrolling a couple extra times to make sure it seeped into the cracks.
I pulled off the paper & tape. Unfortunately some spray paint got on the mirror, but the hubby was sweet and scrapped it off with a razor blade while I cooked dinner. Then cleaned it with Windex for that shine.

I have to say that this was a STEAL. I love it & it's perfect for her room. I've been looking for so long for this kind of frame. It looks like the wait paid off. ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment